JOIN OUR TEAM
THE PALMS AT SAN LAUREN SENIOR LIVING COMMUNITY
POSITION TITLE: Caregiver
DEPARTMENT: Wellness Department
LOCATION: Bakersfield, CA
REPORTS TO: Resident Care Coordinator
The Palms at San Lauren is centrally located in Bakersfield specializing in Assisted Living and Memory Care. Bakersfield’s newest Senior Living community, family owned and operated. Our team members are dedicated to supporting our happy, healthy, and safe residents.
About the Position:
We are looking for an enthusiastic, passionate, and team-oriented Caregiver to care for our residents. The Caregiver will be responsible for direct assistance of all ADL’s for our residents. The Caregiver must also ensure dedication of companionship and morale of our residents.
This position reports directly to our Resident Care Coordinator and works very closely with other team members in the Wellness Department to ensure elevated quality of life for all residents.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- You will be assisting with grooming, care of clothing, selection of clothing, cleanliness of clothing, shaving, bathing, oral hygiene, shampooing of hair, minor assistance with eating, helping to bed, planning of daily activities.
- Housekeeping duties include the making of beds, cleaning of bed linens, and general upkeep of the resident’s private room and bathroom in addition to cleaning the facility common areas. This includes laundry duties, as assigned.
- You will be required to assist residents who have been incontinent of both bowel and bladder, including making sure they are clean and placing them in fresh clothing, as well as washing the soiled garments immediately, and cleaning the surrounding area(s).
- Be available to answer questions by family members or the public concerning the Residents that reside here. Specific questions concerning the community will be directed to the Administrator.
- You will be required to keep records and chart on all residents who have been provided care.
- Provide safe transfers, positioning and turning of Residents using effective body mechanics.
- Intervening in situations involving unsafe or inadequate care and reporting immediately to the Care Coordinator or supervisor on duty.
- Reporting any suspicion or evidence of elder abuse, mistreatment, or neglect as outlined in Personnel Policies.
- Participates in mandatory on-going education and in-service training.
- Observes and reports resident physical and emotional condition changes to the Care Coordinator.
- Demonstrates good practice of infection control principles by understanding the infectious process and modes of disease transmission, and by using appropriate hand washing techniques.
- Demonstrates understanding and support of Residents Rights by providing for Resident privacy, maintaining Resident confidentiality, promotes the Resident’s right to make personal choices to accommodate their needs, reinforces behavior consistent with Resident dignity, assists Residents to participate in activities.
Minimum Qualifications (Knowledge, Skills and Abilities):
- Candidate must be at least 18 years of age
- Shall have a high school diploma or equivalent
- Able to read, write, understand and communicate in English
- Possesses clear verbal and written communication skills
- Positive and energetic attitude
- Professional in appearance and conduct
- Must be criminally cleared by DOJ and FBI via Live-Scan process prior to employment
- Be in good health and physically and mentally capable of performing assigned tasks. Good physical health shall be verified by a health screening performed by a physician no more than (6) months prior to or (7) days following employment. Must test free from pulmonary tuberculosis at time of health screening.
- Must have current Adult First Aid card at time of employment and maintain throughout length of employment.
- The Caregiver understands that CALSON MANAGEMENT operates as a Drug Free Workplace per Policies set forth in the Company Handbook.
- Must have dependable transportation and be able to work varying hours as needed, nights, holidays, and weekends.
- This job may require the employee to lift in excess of 25 pounds on occasion, which is a qualification for this position. It may also require the mandatory use of a gait belt and the wearing of a back brace for more difficult residents.
- You will be expected to report to work on time or give the Care Coordinator or Administrator adequate notice if you are unable to show for work: at least four (4) hours’ notice.
Participate in mandatory on-going education and in-service training.
We offer Medical, Dental, Vision, Vacation, and paid sick leave. Holiday pay after fulfillment of probation area period of 90 days.
It is the continuing policy of The Palms at San Lauren to afford equal opportunities for all qualified persons, regardless of their race, creed, color, age, sex, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, religion, disability, medical condition, marital status, or veteran status. No person shall be excluded from employment consideration on the basis of these factors.